At the beginning of another year we use texts of Scripture and St Josemaria Escriva to pray about what our goals and resolutions ought to be, especially that most important goal of eternal life with God in heaven. We consider:
- The very reason for our existence is to know, love and serve God on earth in order to be happy with him in heaven.
- We don’t know how long God has given us to live on this earth and therefore we must struggle to be ready to meet him every day.
- Many souls depend on the life of each of us.
- Holiness is a struggle, a battle, against the world, the flesh and the devil.
- Athletes discipline themselves and train hard to win a crown that fades, whereas ours is imperishable: eternal life.