In the parable of the talents, one servant received five talents, another two and another one. So too, we have all received many, and different, talents from God, for which we will give an account at the end of our life. In this meditation we consider how:
- We have all received many talents from God: our life, family, faith, intelligence, education, skills, etc.
- Some of these are more important than others and we should use them accordingly
- At the end of life we will be judged, not on whether we did better than someone else, but on whether we used well the talents God gave each of us
- We should not give in to the temptation to bury, or not use well, certain talents because it would be “too hard”
- We should especially develop those talents related to our relationship with God, our family and friends, and our work