Anyone who wants to achieve an important goal has a plan of daily activities to reach it: the athlete, the student, the business person. Our goal is the most important of all: eternal salvation, heaven. Our happiness here and hereafter depends on it. In this meditation we consider how:
- We are called to love God with our whole heart and in order to achieve that we must spend some time with him each day
- We are called to eternal life with God in heaven, the goal of our whole life
- Like the student, the athlete, the business person, we need a daily plan of activities to achieve our goal
- We can dedicate some time each day to such activities as mental prayer, Holy Mass, the Rosary, spiritual reading, reading of the New Testament, the Angelus, morning prayers, the examination of conscience, etc.
- We can achieve this by having regular times for prayer spread out throughout the day