In the ups and downs of life there are many events which are not in our control, where we can only put our hope in God. In this meditation we use texts of Scripture and Pope Benedict XVI’s encyclical Saved by hope to put our life on a sure foundation. We consider that:
- The foundation of our hope is God, who is always with us.
- Our hope in God enables us to find peace and joy even amidst the uncertainties and sufferings of life.
- The ultimate object of our hope is eternal life with God in heaven.
- Many passages in Scripture speak to us of hope.
- We can grow in hope through prayer in its various forms.
- Mary, our Mother, is our hope: she brings us hope in the person of Jesus, she lives hope herself in many moments, and she intercedes powerfully for us in heaven.
Pingback: Hope in God: A Meditation from Fr. John Flader | Parousia Media