When Christ multiplied the loaves and fish to feed a vast throng, he asked the apostles to bring the loaves and fish to him and to distribute them to the people. Today too, he wants to feed the people of our generation, who are hungry for his word, and he needs us to help him. In this meditation we use texts of Scripture and of St Josemaria Escriva to consider how:
- Like the apostles, we need to be docile in carrying out what Our Lord is asking of us
- Our Lady, the Handmaid of the Lord, was docile to God and brought the Word of God into the world.
- We will be more useful in this work if we are very united to Christ through our spiritual life and we are humble
- We should ask God throughout the day what he is expecting from us
- If we are docile, God will multiply our efforts, as he did with the apostles