At the beginning of another year, we use texts of Scripture and St Josemaria Escriva to pray about what our goals and resolutions might be, especially that most important goal of growing in holiness so as to deserve eternal life with God in heaven. We consider:
- The very reason for our existence is to know, love and serve God on earth in order to be happy with him forever in heaven
- We should make good use of every moment of the day since we don’t know how long God has given us on this earth
- Many souls depend on the life of each of us
- Holiness is a struggle, a battle, against the world, the flesh and the devil
- We should have the determination of athletes, who discipline themselves and train hard to win a crown that fades, whereas ours is imperishable: eternal life.