Charity, as St Paul writes, is the greatest of the virtues (cf. 1 Cor 13: 13) but it is also one of the hardest to live. A big help in being more kind and generous is to see Christ in everyone around us. In this meditation we consider how:
- Christ taught us that whatever we do to the least of our brethren we do to him (cf. Mt 25:40).
- Our Lord showed us by his example how to love others and he gave us the New Commandment to love others as he has loved us (John 13:34).
- We love others because God first loved us (cf. 1 John 4:19).
- St Mother Teresa of Calcutta was truly exemplary in seeing Christ in the poorest of the poor.
- Those closest to us have the first claim on our love.